Re: RMAN performance issue after patching OS

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 17:34:13 -0400

Ah, now everything fell in its right place. I've seen that before. There has been a change of defaults and the default version of NFS that your server is trying to connect to is NFSv3. I have seen that on Slowaris:

There is one minute difference between NFSv3 and NFSv4: NFSv3 doesn't support asynchronous IO. Put an explicit vers=4.1 into the /etc/fstab and you should be good.

Regards

On 8/25/21 9:54 AM, Jay Hostetter wrote:
Leng - to answer your questions:
We did run a backup to a local disk, and it ran fine.  I have been reviewing the v$ tables - our backups are using async IO.
This is the command we are using:
backup device type disk filesperset = 1 tag 'BACKUP_TEST_082521091605' database;
--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

Original text of this message