Re: Locking issue

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 17:18:43 +0530

  Thank you so much. Will try to trace that.

Btw that same SELECT query is running normally now without any 'row cache lock'. But ASH entries look a bit odd because the plan shows a simple FULL SCAN on the table but still I notice the current_obj# is pointing to the primary key index of that table. And another sys object i.e. sys.LINK_LOGONS$_SRCID_IDX.
Is it DB link related? Now, we do have DB link calls from/to this database but I am not able to relate logically how a DB link call to this database object from others can cause such row cache lock? And also i don't see any mechanism to see if this select query is really part of a Db link call from another database. Another thing I see all these times is the ASH for this application SELECT query is showing TOP_LEVL_CALL_NAME as "DESCRIBE_INDEXES" . Can this all be related somehow?

Additionally as i mentioned the stats gather session was on "row cache lock" with P1(cache id=62) as "dc_realtime_colst" , P2(mode) as 0 i.e. 'null mode - not locked' and P3(request) as 5 i.e. 'exclusive mode'. So here , request mode is exclusive , does that mean it wont allow others to have access on that DC/dictionary cache object?

Regards
Lok