Re: sql monitor

From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 19:19:10 +0200

Hi,

If a query is running a long time, details might age out. I have a long running query at one of my customers and I can see all details EM type report about 30 minutes. A monitor in Text format is visible a lot longer. You might create a Text format Monitor manually:

set longchunk 50000
set long 50000
set lines 200 pages 0
set trimspool on
select DBMS_SQLTUNE.REPORT_SQL_MONITOR(sql_id=>'9mmcywzzj5myn',     report_level=>'ALL',Type=>'TEXT') as report from dual;

Always keep in mind though, that in many cases it is not necessary to let a query finish to see its issue.
30 Minutes will often be enough .

Regards

Lothar