Re: _rollback_segment_count side effects

From: Laurentiu Oprea <laurentiu.oprea06_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:21:38 +0300

Thanks a lot Jonathan for your anwer. Your answer is actually exactly what I was searching for, because to be honest I don't have a full understanding of the issue I face.

In short: I have an insert base on select that is executed around 150 times per in a window of about 3-4 hours and just one or 2 executions sometimes are taking a few good hours, although all other executions are under 3 minutes. All the waits are mainly cell single blocks wait events (when doing a range scan) on UNDO tablespace. I know for sure data is loaded on the source tables all the time, and is very strange why one or maximum 2 executions take so much time.

I opened an SR and the recommendation was to set _rollback_segment_count to a value like 50/100. At this point I`m in the process of understanding the issue from a business perspective because the described waits are on 3 different indexes sometimes (on 3 different tables - again I know for sure data is loaded all the time in those tables) and maybe I can arrange the order of these jobs. Even so the impact of what I believe is a read consistency issue is just too dramatic.

If this is expected behavior and _rollback_segment_count can mitigate it is clear to me I might need to learn more about how UNDO works.

Thanks again.

În mie., 21 apr. 2021 la 13:40, Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com> a scris: