Re: [External] : Re: in-memory option - worth it?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:50:52 -0400

The most expensive open source that I've ever seen. Oracle is even more expensive than Vim or LibreOffice. BTW, I noticed that SQL Server 19 is no longer doing lock escalations. When I do SELECT * FROM EMP FOR UPDATE OF SAL, I get a bunch of row locks (expected) but I don't get an exclusive lock on the EMP table, as was the case before.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant