Re: Backroom process tt00 top process

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 10:37:01 -0400

Hi Jeff

Yes, TT is redo transport:

SQL> select name,description from v$bgprocess where name like 'TT%';

   NAME       DESCRIPTION
_______ _________________
TT00    Redo Transport
TT01    Redo Transport
TT02    Redo Transport

Elapsed: 00:00:00.016
You should also check  drc<$ORACLE_SID>. log . I've seen that happen when I activated redo compression. Check your DB properties in DGMGRL.
Regards

On 4/9/21 4:08 PM, Jeff Chirco wrote:
I am running TOP and I am seeing ora_tt00 backroom process at the top of list consistently (sorting by CPU), I mean it is at the top steadily.  I understand that this has something to do with Redo Transport but I am not sure in what regards and if there is anything I can or should do about it.  I have 2 databases on this same server both running Data Guard but this process is showing for only one of the databases. I think both databases are kind of equal on activity.

Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Jeff
--