Re: init.ora parameters for 19C CDB

From: Andy Wattenhofer <"Andy>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 13:58:42 -0600

This may not be quite what you are asking with regards to default parameters, but two that I would recommend you change are *to* inmemory_force=BASE_LEVEL and max_pdbs=3. These permit you to utilize the free tiers of In-memory and Multitenant options without risk of jumping up to the licensed tiers. The BASE_LEVEL In-memory enables a sort of minimized 16GB inmemory_size that you can use to test the In-memory feature without an additional license. With a smaller database like the one you're working with, it might actually be useful at that level.

The max_pdbs=3 caps you at three PDBs, obviously, which is the maximum allowed without additional license, starting with 19.7 I believe.

As for the decision to stick with non-CDB format, I would also note that non-CDB is deprecated in database 20c. There's no reason to avoid the switch to CDB in your 19.x upgrade now, in my opinion anyway.

Andy