Re: Re: Reorganize Big Table with BLOB column

From: <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:45:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi Stefan,

Thanks,
Well, I think it is wrong to use alter table move at all. A monolythic operation that I can not control. That feels like doomed to fail.
Of course db write should not be involved. I think that is a conventional insert because of the BLOB column. I have however an idea to select from a pipeline table function that might improve things. Not sure, have to test if i get the chance. (No time so far.)

Regards

Lothar