high Block change tracking waits

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 02:25:50 +0530

Hi , We are on version 11.2.0.4 Oracle database and suddenly starting the last 5-10 days we are seeing many queries(mostly Inserts) are running longer and the waits it's showing as "block change tracking buffer space" . and it's going worse day by day. We do have BCT ON on this database. So wondering why these waits were not there previously as because we have the database kept on BCT enabled since long back, but suddenly appeared since the last few days and impacting application queries?

 Even simple insert queries like insert into table(c1,c2, c3) values(:1, :2, :3) (which are executing with batch size of ~1000 ) are suffering. What can be the cause for this?

Regards
Lok