Re: Missing rows under dba_hist_sqlstat

From: Cherif Ben Henda <cherif.benhenda_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:09:48 +0100

Hello Maris, Jonathan,
I have worked on many cases where "wall clock time" >> real execution time of the query.
( file generation taking time par example) . In that case , sum(DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT.ELAPSED_TIME_DELTA) =MAX(DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT.ELAPSED_TIME_TOTAL) and MAX(DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT.ELAPSED_TIME_TOTAL) << "wall clock time" I assumed that this query was executed one time.

In my case , the query is executed via PL/SQL function.

Another finding, the insertion into wrh$_sqlstat (DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT) is based on V$SQLAREA_PLAN_HASH . When the query is under execution , there is no row into V$SQLAREA_PLAN_HASH.

I have shared a simple test case
https://livesql.oracle.com/apex/livesql/s/kv21hp90yyy8j142r41w00n3s

set optimizer_adaptive_plan = false => I dont have this behavior.

Thanks
Cherif

--
Cordialement,