Re: Windows Client Install Crashes

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 13:30:17 -0400

Hi Ian,

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is did you check that Windows is fully up to date? Always go to 'Settings->Updates & Security->Check for Updates' to ensure that Windwos 10 is fully up to date before attempting any type of software install.

As to MOS,if you go to "Service Requests->Create Technical SR'" then enter your problem description, then below that, for "Product" enter "Oracle Database Enterprise Editition" or "Oracle Database Standard Edition", and the appropriate version number. Then, the Platform, and, finally ,in the "Problem type", do "Database Install, Upgrade,& Downgrade, Patching (Single Instance only)" and under that, "Binaries Installation (Server/Client) including cloning".

Hope that helps,

-Mark