Best Method for Moving System Scheduler Jobs to Other Schema

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 19:50:32 +0000

We're transitioning from 11.2.0.4 DBs on X5 ODAs to 18.8 DBs on X8 ODAs. In this process we're doing lots of cleanup and trying to get better organized.

We have a lot of Scheduler jobs in System, but would like to move them all to another schema we've created - kind of an almost-but-not-quite-System schema. Just getting the Scheduler jobs by themselves in an 11g ExpDP export seemed impossible, 'til I found MOS Doc ID 1414478.1 and could structure the PAR file thus.

     Include = ProcObj:"In (Select Job_Name From User_Scheduler_Jobs)"

However, there's no way to import the System Scheduler jobs into the new schema in the 18c DB. You get "Remap of System not supported". So, I'm using DBMS_Scheduler.Copy_Job to copy the System jobs to the new schema - that works fine. Then using DBMS_Scheduler.Drop_Job in System to drop all it's jobs. This is all a real PITA.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.
--

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. -- Mark Twain Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Gov't Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Jun 07 2020 - 21:50:32 CEST

Original text of this message