RE: Oracle user based license question

From: Glauber, Leo <Leo.Glauber_at_sodexo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:00:43 +0000

Hi Vinay,

Have you thought about an after logon trigger to count sessions and raise application error if there are already 50 connections? Make sure you don’t count background session. You could use v_session to accomplish this.

Regards,
-Leo

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Vinay Kumar Narisetty Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:38 PM To: oracle-l-freelist <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Oracle user based license question

Hi All,

We recently purchase Oracle Enterprise edition processor license for production and for TEST we purchase oracle enterprise user based license.

1.For example, in over production system the database users count is 200 and when I refresh production database with TEST do I get out of compliance because we have purchase only 50 user license for TEST?

2.50 user base license means each database instance must consist of 50 users ? Business users never login to over TEST system. Only IT testing is done on all over TEST system.When I refresh PROD with TEST I can delete all business user and keep IT users.Is there any parameter I can limit 50 users for database instance for TEST?

Any one using user based license for TEST and Process based license in PRODUCTION. What issue you have seen . If you seen any oracle auditing issue in this scenario please provide us that is very helpful.

Thank you everyone!

Regards,
Vinay Narisetty

This e-mail, attachments included, is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient, any use, copy or diffusion, even partial of this message is prohibited. Please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Since the integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, SODEXO cannot therefore be considered liable for its content.

Ce message, pieces jointes incluses, est confidentiel. Il est etabli a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires. Si vous n'etes pas un destinataire, toute utilisation, copie ou diffusion, meme partielle de ce message est interdite. Merci de le detruire et d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur. L'integrite de ce message ne pouvant etre garantie sur Internet, SODEXO ne peut etre tenu responsable de son contenu.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Mar 18 2020 - 19:00:43 CET

Original text of this message