Re: Searching MOS Note on dynamic sampling

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 20:12:08 -0500

Hi Lothar!

This is not a MOS note but Nigel Baylis's blog:

https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/dynamic-sampling-and-its-impact-on-the-optimizer

There is also an old Oracle Magazine Article by The Oracle Master (Tom for short) Kyte:

https://blogs.oracle.com/oraclemagazine/on-dynamic-sampling

This is one of the very few articles by Tom Kyte that have survived his retirement.

Regards

On 2/28/20 3:22 AM, Lothar Flatz wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I colleague of mine told me that he read a MOS Note that was
> describing the details of the way dynamic sampling is done.
> The note was mentioning that only bitmap blocksĀ  are sampled and
> blocks less than 25% full are considered empty.
> In that same note also deferred segment creation is mentioned.
> As my colleague is very experienced I believe is memory is correct.
> However, we cannot find that note any more.
>

> Can somebody point us to the doc?
>
> Regards and thank
>
> Lothar

Mladen Gogala