Re: intermittent long "log file sync" waits

From: Priit Piipuu <priit.piipuu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 16:41:02 +0100

Hi,

19c RAC and "log file sync" without associated dbwr activity rings a bell. I noticed similar thing while investigating DRM related problems. In our case GRD gets locked for a few seconds during remastering, and that totally wrecks certain DML heavy workloads. But it looked like a collateral damage and I didn't bother to investigate further. Of course, with remastering going wrong there would be "gcs drm freeze in server mode" wait events, and probably some other gcs related stuff from "Other" wait class. That's not apparent from the traces below.