Re: Exadata cleanup trace/logs/aud/etc files anyone?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 23:19:04 -0400

On 10/30/19 10:50 PM, Chris Taylor wrote:
> You know what's interesting/infuriating?  I actually opened an SR
> asking if Oracle provided scripts to maintain the output files and
> they told me no.  There are two scripts in the replies that are both
> referenced by Oracle (either in support or in the Oracle docs) and yet
> neither was referenced by the tech I was assigned.
>
> Chris

I actually prefer writing my own scripts with logrotate and find.  There are no hidden utilities, no special parameters, just a shell or Perl script to clean it up. It also allows me to institute a common policy for all the instances by searching from $ORACLE_BASE. That looks like this: find $ORACLE_BASE  \( -name "*.trc" -o -name "*.trm" \) -mtime +15|xargs rm -f. All traces in that ORACLE_BASE, older than 15 days will be removed. Traces older than 15 days are unnecessary, by the decree of the FSM.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant