DBMS_REFRESH

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:16:01 -0400

In Oracle 12c there is a new package called DBMS_REFRESH. It's very convenient because it can fire off groups of materialized views at the same time. The only problem is the group name: is there a table or view which can show me which MV groups do I have created? I have a problem with re-architected application which will use GG instead of materialized views and I wanted to drop the schedule while leaving the views themselves intact for a while. I had to search my old status reports to find the name, which is very inconvenient. Does Oracle have anything better?

--

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

--