Re: tuning advisor for an insert statement

From: Andy Sayer <andysayer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 07:48:55 +0100

It’s unlikely a rollback will kill your system, the rollback will be done in one process. If your system can’t handle one process doing work, you have bigger problems.

I’ve rolled back multiple GB transactions and the only things that cares are the sessions that we’re waiting for the locked resources in the first place.

SQL tuning advisor is by no means the perfect solution, but if you are paying for it then why would you not try to use it. Of course, you can do any analysis on a separate system and apply the findings to your PROD instance (after testing elsewhere).

Regards,
Andy