Re: Oracle ATP : ASH

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 07:54:37 -0500

On 2019/09/27 01:47, Hemant K Chitale wrote:

> On 25-Sep, I was on Instance 1. Today I am on Instance 2.
>
> Nevertheless, querying V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY from Instance 2, I find that the user "SH" has been running modules "COLLECT_CUSTOMER_METRICS" and "DETAILED_PDB_HEALTHCHECK"
> while *also* owning Sales History objects (TIMES, PRODUCTS, COUNTRIES, COSTS, PROMOTIONS, SALES, CHANNELS, CUSTOMERS and SUPPLEMENTARY_DEMOGRAPHICS).
>
> I don't know module "COLLECT_CUSTOMER_METRICS" is but I can guess what "DETAILED_PDB_HEALTHCHECK" is.
> Why do they allow the "SH" user to run these modules, I wonder ?

I looked at my ATP and noticed "SH" executing something as well via the Performance Hub. The "SH" user is locked and I didn't find any scheduled jobs for it, so I dug into the Perf Hub.

I changed the default AAS graph to group by Username, then clicked on the "SH" user in the graph legend. From there, I clicked on one of the SQL IDs on the lower-left graph. In the SQL Details graph that appears, I clicked on the only User Session on the graph on the lower right. In every SQL, the username for me was actually "C##CLOUD$SERVICE" and not "SH".

It seems like a bug in the Performance Hub instead of the SH user running amok. Can you see if this is the same on your ATP as well?

As I've mentioned on the list before, I'm happy the Oracle has finally done away with Adobe Flash, but the usability of the Performance Hub (both on prem and cloudy) needs improvement.

Rich