RE: strange issue with OEM notifications

From: Le, Binh T. <Binh.Le_at_lfg.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 19:06:33 +0000

What do you see under here? You can Test Mail Servers there too …

[cid:image001.png_at_01D55F44.821A3C70]

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Rich J Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 2:29 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: strange issue with OEM notifications

***This email is from an external source. Only open links and attachments from a Trusted Sender.***

On 2019/08/30 10:02, Andrew Kerber wrote: I am trying to track down a strange issue with OEM notifications. IF I send an email in pager format to my personal email address it works fine. But if I send it to my text message address, it never shows up. eg, email to me_at_gmail.com<mailto:me_at_gmail.com> works fine, but email to 1234567890_at_txt.att.net<mailto:1234567890_at_txt.att.net> never appears. The mail server is configured as localhost, so its using linux mail or mailx. Any thoughts? oem 13c, oracle 12.1.0.2, oel 7.3

I doubt EM is using a mail/mailx client. It should be using its own client to talk with the installed MTA (sendmail, postfix, etc.) via SMTP. Check the MTA logs in /var/log for a successful transmission. The exact logname is dependent on the syslog configuration.

Also verify from the OMS' server that you can successfully send an email using a client like mailx.

Let us know what you find....

GL!
Rich

Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**