Re: Has anyone used Rimini Street for Oracle Support?

From: Klaas-Jan Jongsma <klaasjan.jongsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:26:30 +0200

An old customer of mine were in about to switch to Rimini Street. I don’t know if the actually switched, i left before that circus ended. What i got from it that they basically ask for access to your CSI and download every patch they can get your hands on. That action did trigger something at the Oracle side too because they contacted the customer asking if they are switching to Rimini Street. AFAIK that action is not illegal and you are free to cancel your support from Oracle but the dubious part comes after this. There is basically no way they can provide support besides downloading these patches. They could never provide a satisfying answer on how they can legally provide CPU’s when you don’t have access to Oracle Support. What we found out is that they really on other Rimini Street customers that still have support to their CSI to download CPU’s for other customers. That last part is just plain out illegal.

I would personally not touch Rimini Street with a long stick. Yes Oracle Support is ridiculously expensive compared to the level of support you get but Rimini Street is not the answer to this. If you want to reduce Oracle support costs, the better way would just to downsize the amount of Oracle licenses in general.

KJ