RE: Has anyone used Rimini Street for Oracle Support?

From: Reen, Elizabeth <"Reen,>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:27:05 +0000

                You get what you pay for.  Years ago I worked at a shop that did that.  It was hell on wheels.

Liz

From: [freelists.org] oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of [freelists.org] dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:33 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Has anyone used Rimini Street for Oracle Support?

We've been asked to look into the pros and cons of using Rimini Street for Oracle Support.

I've already read the Oracle diatribe against them at https://www.oracle.com/rimini-street/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.oracle.com_rimini-2Dstreet_&d=DwMFAg&c=j-EkbjBYwkAB4f8ZbVn1Fw&r=yWMFosURAngbt8VLeJtKLVJGefQxustAZ9UxecV7xpc&m=lP1TqiNyxX2qcSPLelCtgWfGx00BYpD4fxX2wB29lfc&s=0lwnQwFVu8qNtmoDD5ckDDyABETlFEnLZUBXPbIQVww&e=> and I've read about the lawsuit. But even discounting Oracle's only to be expected bias and even if one believes Rimini's assertion that their security is just as good as Oracle's regular patch releases (which I'm not quite prepared to do) the thought of not having access to new bug fixes and one off patches makes me extraordinarily uncomfortable.

So I was wondering if anyone here had opinions or, even better, experience with their service. It certainly looks like a huge cost savings but...

Thanks,
Jay Miller