Fastest way to get up and running on Oracle for less than $5 a day.

From: <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 14:23:48 -0600

I am on a 4G (read slow) rural internet connection.

I want to spin up an Oracle database (multiple versions would be great).

I am willing to use any cloud provider.

I may work for 4-8 hours a day max.

I can start from scratch everyday and reload the database with my data (not much) and code.

I want access to as many features as possible (all the internal tables, log files).

I don't want to spend more than $5 a day but interested in what minimum would be even if it is over $5.

in theory could spin up a small server in cloud, download free edition, and config there.

FYI, I am capable of figuring this all out but I also know it is a few hours of work most likely. What I am wondering are we at a point where I can do something like this.

Aws client-> spin up server

Sudo install Ansible

Ansible command install Oracle.

Ansible expose some ports so I can access SQL-Net safely from home.

Fire up SQL developer on home laptop and go to work.

All that in about 30 minutes?

Maybe Oracle cloud is answer but I want access to log files from the OS and I want ability to install software.

Are we there yet? Can this be done? What products? Anyone have link to example if it exists. I want easy Oracle access up and running in 30 minutes. Possible?