RE: Fastest way to get up and running on Oracle for less than $5 a day.

From: Ruel, Chris <Chris.Ruel_at_lfg.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 20:28:21 +0000

There an Oracle XE AMI in the AWS marketplace that runs on Centos. I have not used it but that might be a good way to get you going. Might even be able to use it in the "free tier".

Chris..

Chris Ruel * Distributed Database Services * Lincoln Financial Group cruel_at_lfg.com<mailto:cruel_at_lfg.com> * Desk:317.759.2172 * Cell 317.523.8482

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of post.ethan_at_gmail.com Sent: Monday, March 04, 2019 3:24 PM
To: 'Oracle-L oracle-l' <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Fastest way to get up and running on Oracle for less than $5 a day.

***This email is from an external source. Only open links and attachments from a Trusted Sender.*** I am on a 4G (read slow) rural internet connection.

I want to spin up an Oracle database (multiple versions would be great).

I am willing to use any cloud provider.

I may work for 4-8 hours a day max.

I can start from scratch everyday and reload the database with my data (not much) and code.

I want access to as many features as possible (all the internal tables, log files).

I don't want to spend more than $5 a day but interested in what minimum would be even if it is over $5.

in theory could spin up a small server in cloud, download free edition, and config there.

FYI, I am capable of figuring this all out but I also know it is a few hours of work most likely. What I am wondering are we at a point where I can do something like this...

Aws client-> spin up server
Sudo install Ansible
Ansible command install Oracle...
Ansible expose some ports so I can access SQL-Net safely from home... Fire up SQL developer on home laptop and go to work.

All that in about 30 minutes?

Maybe Oracle cloud is answer but I want access to log files from the OS and I want ability to install software.

Are we there yet? Can this be done? What products? Anyone have link to example if it exists. I want easy Oracle access up and running in 30 minutes. Possible? Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**