Re: EM13: Performance issue querying SYSMAN.GC_METRIC_STR_VALUES

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 08:41:40 -0500

I don't know of a particular (specific) problem with that view but have some things you could try:

  1. Gather fixed_object_stats
  2. Gather dictionary stats
  3. Gather System Stats (either using interval or noworkload if the system isn't regularly busy) (this is where the optimizer gets primary values for many cost calculations)
  4. If the repository database is 12.1.0.x make sure you disable optimizer_adaptive_features

Chris