Re: Group by wrong results?

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:16:40 -0500

On 2018/08/14 05:15, Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> I think the specific bug is more likely to be
> 20537092 : WRONG RESULT FOR NESTED QUERY GROUP BY
>
> I'm not sure if this got through to the list on an earlier previous post - everything I've sent to the list in the last six weeks seems to have disappeared silently.
> Ditto the post about using the/*+ no_elim_groupby(_at_queryblock) */ hint as a less aggressive way of working around the problem.

I replied to Daniel offlist that I had the same reproducible symptoms that were resolved by patch 25838690. That patch was the latest superseded fix of the original BUG 19567916 that I had posted. It fixes 5 similar situations to the bug you found, which makes me wonder if one or more of these one-off patches would conflict...

Rich

p.s. I've seen a few posts from you lately, including one I'm hoping to find time to follow up on! :)