Re: Group by wrong results?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 10:15:19 +0000

I think the specific bug is more likely to be 20537092 : WRONG RESULT FOR NESTED QUERY GROUP BY I'm not sure if this got through to the list on an earlier previous post - everything I've sent to the list in the last six weeks seems to have disappeared silently. Ditto the post about using the/*+ no_elim_groupby(_at_queryblock) */ hint as a less aggressive way of working around the problem.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> Sent: 09 August 2018 17:19
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Group by wrong results?

On 2018/08/09 09:46, Rich J wrote:

On 2018/08/08 13:33, Daniel Fink wrote:

The 2nd query I posted is returning the data I want (max number of sessions per minute, not a total count of sessions per minute). I pulled the queries apart and checked the data output.

It's interesting that:

ALTER SYSTEM SET OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE='12.1.0.1' SCOPE=BOTH; ...has the query returning the correct results, as inferred by Jonathan's blog post linked in a previous response.

I'm getting the same incorrect grouping as you with my 12.1.0.2 DB, and this setting appears to be a workaround, although with the distinct possibility of other side-effects.

BTW, this seems to match BUG 19567916 and the bugs/fixes that supersede it.

Rich