RE: Performance comparison of Oracle Vs Aurora MySQL

From: Ravi Teja Bellamkonda <raviteja.bellamkonda7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:09:16 -0700

Hi List,

My organization is planning on moving from Oracle to Aurora MySQL (capability of having Read Replicas) for the sake of performance and scalability which I am completely against as I believe that having the capability of scaling will not solve all the problems.

I cannot find any benchmarks comparing Oracle with MySQL. Can someone please provide insights on whether this is a even a good move as I am new to MySQL and not sure how good it is in terms of performance when compared with Oracle. As far as I know Oracle is better performant.

Your time is appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Teja