Re: "db file sequential read" latency during reads versus update activity

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_method-r.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:40:14 -0500

In the extended SQL trace data, you can see exactly which block (file ID and block ID) each read manipulates. You also can see the ID of the object being manipulated.

So, you can know exactly which blocks of which objects are being read. All of them.

Cary Millsap
Method R Corporation
Author of *Optimizing Oracle Performance <http://amzn.to/OM0q75>* and *The Method R Guide to Mastering Oracle Trace Data, 2nd edition <http://amzn.to/1U7q8X1>*