Re: "db file sequential read" latency during reads versus update activity

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 10:10:07 -0600

 >> The "db file sequential read" is an index read.

The event "db file sequential read" indicates a single-block random-access synchronous read operation on a datafile.  Even during indexed scans, db file sequential reads alternate between index blocks, table blocks, and undo blocks, and during full table-scans they can start off the operation by reading segment headers, for example.