Re: create controlfile command generation

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 21:07:03 +0000

Hi Andrew,

> I have run into an occasional problem with rman > cloning, and according to Oracle the fix is to re-create the >
controlfile.  I would like to automate this process. Unfortunately, I don't have a script to generate a create controlfile script, sorry. I thought I did have, but I looked and didn't find it. Hmm.

Did you, by any change try to clone a database when the primary had block change tracking turned on? And when you came to open the clone, it barfed?

I've suffered from that a few times myself, I did document the workaround, but it involved running a backup controlfile to trace, so it's not what you want.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Norm.

--