Re: create controlfile command generation

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:13:03 -0600

Yeah, thats pretty much the problem. My plan is to generate the create controlfile command to a sql file prior to the clone operation so that its available when needed, rather than going through editing the trace file. I will probably just write a shell script to call the sql file if needed, so that if I am not available when the operation fails, I can just have someone run the shell script rather than page me.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I have run into an occasional problem with rman > cloning, and according
>> to Oracle the fix is to re-create the >
>>
> controlfile. I would like to automate this process.
> Unfortunately, I don't have a script to generate a create controlfile
> script, sorry. I thought I did have, but I looked and didn't find it. Hmm.
>
> Did you, by any change try to clone a database when the primary had block
> change tracking turned on? And when you came to open the clone, it barfed?
>
> I've suffered from that a few times myself, I did document the workaround,
> but it involved running a backup controlfile to trace, so it's not what you
> want.
>
> Good luck.
>

> Cheers,
> Norm.