Re: Long running backups - OK?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:03:15 -0500

Stefan, with all due respect, I've gone through those audits. And I know that the auditors were asking only to see backups. I've never once been asked to prove that I can actually restore the data. I have done 6 SOX/HIPPA audits so far with auditors like CSR or DLJ. May I ask how many of those did you do? Does Germany have something like SOX or HIPPA? I wouldn't be surprised if it does, but I am not sure that auditors go for the same things.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant