Re: Benchmarking Software

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 08:54:36 +0000

Hi Scott

As others have said swingbench is good. There's an overview at http://dominicgiles.com/Swingbench.pdf although that's a bit old the principles still apply. There's an FAQ at http://dominicgiles.com/faq.html (included in the download as well). There are walkthroughs at http://dominicgiles.com/scenarios.html.

If you have a specific question then I, and I'm sure others, would be happy to chip in.

SLOB is excellent for benchmarking hardware - specifically I/O and CPU throughput - I'm not sure I'd call it a database benchmark though.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA