EM12c repository migration confuses OMS

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 09:30:07 -0500

Hey all,

I'm working on upgrading EM 12.1.0.5 to 13.2 by migrating the OMS and repository DB from a single OL5 server to a single OL7 server.

The first step for me was to upgrade the repo DB from 11.2 to 12.1, and then migrate it to the OL7 box. I used the instructions at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/ha_backup_recover.htm#EMADV10748 ("19.6.2.3 Full Recovery on a Different Host") for the migration. Seeing as the instructions failed to mention the need to backup and restore the emkey, I'm not sure it's complete.

While everything's generally working after the repo DB migration, I noticed that the repository DB *target* still thinks it's on the original server. And the Agent on the original server also thinks the repo DB is still there, even though I had "deinstalled" that $OH. EM's running and collecting metric data and alerting like usual, and it can even monitor the repository as a target, but some pieces still don't know that it's been migrated to a new server.

I wanted to get this fixed before attempting a migration/upgrade of the OMS, but after a 5 week SR, Support says the fix is to migrate the OMS.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Rich