Re: Oracle Clusterware

From: Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 05:16:18 +0000

Hi Nagaraj,
A cold failover configuration (shared storage but passive instance started only at failover, or for test/maintenance less than 10 days a year) do not need any option and do not need to licence the passive server. You can use Grid Infrastructure with user define resource to manage the instance start/stop.
Regards,
Franck.