RE: EXT :Re: Oracle Wallet (mkstore command) on Windows

From: Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO) <"Schauss,>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 13:11:55 +0000

This is an Oracle client installation on my laptop computer. The properties utility shows that my id has full control over these files.

FWIW, I ran the same command as an administrator and got the same error.

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

From: Chris Taylor [mailto:christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:00 PM To: Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO) <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com> Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: EXT :Re: Oracle Wallet (mkstore command) on Windows

Confirm user is a Member of the ORA_DBA group on Windows.

Chris

On Aug 16, 2017 3:48 PM, "Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO)" <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com<mailto:peter.schauss_at_ngc.com>> wrote: Oracle client version: 12.1.0
Windows Version: Windows 7 Enterprise

When I try to create a wallet on my laptop with the command:

Mkstore -wrl <path> -create

I get:

WARNING: Could not set file permissions for wallet at C:\Users\schaupe\Documents\System documents\AllProjects\wallet\ewallet.p12 WARNING: Could not set file permissions for wallet at C:\Users\schaupe\Documents\System documents\AllProjects\wallet\cwallet.sso

I checked the folder that I had specified and the files exist but when I run the -createCredential command I get the same error.

When I try to use this credential to connect to the database with the command:

Sqlplus /_at_<tnsnames_entry>

I get "invalid username or password". The audit file shows an attempt to connect with a null user id.

I searched for this error in MOS and Google and found nothing which applies.

I have this working on Linux (Red Hat 6).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Aug 17 2017 - 15:11:55 CEST