RAC 12.2 - singleton service balancing

From: Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 12:13:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi listers,

we have the need to run 12cR2 database services as singleton services on a RAC (that's a hard fact, please take that as given).

According to the documentation, a singleton service will not return to its original location, when a node stops/restarts. That means in a 2-node-RAC, that booting a node will concentrate all load on one server, and I have to redistribute them manually again after we have the second node online again.

In admin managed databases/services I could set a preferred node, and the service would always return to this node, as soon as it is available again. In 12.2 with a policy managed database, I can't have an admin managed service for this DB. I can even understand why, but what I am missing now is an option to rubber-wire a DB service to a node / instance.

The logic of server pools also prevents me from having a node joining a pool only if the second node is away, at least as far as I came with my tests.

I appreciate any idea, as long as I don't have to start the same service name on more than one node at the same time.

Thank you very much in advance!

--

Martin Klier | Performing Databases GmbH Managing Partner | Senior DB Consultant Oracle ACE

martin.klier_at_performing-db.com | http://www.performing-databases.com

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 11 2017 - 12:13:09 CEST

Original text of this message