RE: Extended database statistics

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:05:23 +0000

Thanks Tim.
The EBS version is 12.1.3.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Tim Gorman Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 10:02 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Extended database statistics

Amir,

The version of EBS is important to share as well, but since the underlying database is 12c, I'm guessing it likely that EBS is R12.2.x?

If so, please be aware that the FND_STATS package in EBS R12.2 supports the gathering of extended statistics<https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26401_01/doc.122/e22954/T202991T174306.htm>, and you may want to check the settings in use to determine if the presence of the extended statistics is caused by EBS settings, rather than something in the RDBMS parameters?

Hope this helps...

-Tim

On 2/24/17 07:55, Hameed, Amir wrote:
Hi,
The Oracle database version is 12c (12.1.0.2). The application is Oracle E-Business Suite. While working on a performance issue, we discovered that there were a lot of extended statistics present in the database for standard EBS tables. We do not create extended statistics on any table as part of our statistics gathering process. The following parameters were set to TRUE: optimizer_adaptive_features
optimizer_adaptive_reporting_only

I am trying to understand the following:

  1. Does Oracle collect extended statistics automatically if the optimizer_adaptive_features parameter is set to TRUE?
  2. Is there a way to find out from the explain plan if extended statistics were used in the plan?

Thank you,
Amir

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 24 2017 - 16:05:23 CET