Re: Populate new 12c database

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 13:11:18 -0600

It can be done with RMAN, do an initial incremental level 0, restore it on your destination, then instead of opening the database take daily incrementals from your source db and apply it to your destination. When you are ready, open your new database resetlogs upgrade, and run catupgrde.sql to complete the upgrade. Obviously you would need to rehearse it a few times, but its a fairly straightforward process.

--
Andrew W. Kerber