RHEL 7 and Chrony

From: Herring, David <HerringD_at_DNB.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:06:04 +0000

Folks,

Does anyone have insight as to why Oracle still relies on NTP even though Redhat has moved on with Chrony as of v7? Various "cluvfy" commands still assume the use of NTP and give warnings without it (not a huge deal) but we found on RHEL 7.x with 12.1.0.2 after host reboots the CRS won't come back up due to issues with NTP not being configured. For now our 7.x install instructions require NTP but our Linux team isn't thrilled about the one-off requirement for NTP.

Regards,

Dave