Re: Oracle 11.2 on AIX 7.1 JFS2 mount options

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:17:08 +0100 (CET)

Hey Martin,
short answer - SAPnote #948294 is correct. Long answer on page 59/60 here: http://tinyurl.com/o6uj6mf

However please make sure that the JFS2 block size (for redo file systems) is aligned with the redo log block size in case of direct or concurrent I/O - otherwise you gonna run into demoted I/Os and Oracle needs two I/Os for one (first concurrent I/O fails silently and the next falls back to normal I/O). You can trace this with AIX kernel tracing events 59B,59C.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK