Re: Oracle DBA to PostGreSQL DBA?

From: Ryan January <rjanuary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:51:20 -0600

That was the trigger for me. The industry is working on scaling out, rather than scaling up. Until we see another large architectural shift this trend will continue.

If you're looking to stick it out with Oracle, you still have cloud based options. On Oracle's cloud you're in a good position. I'm just starting to use it on AWS, and it seems interesting. We'll see where that goes long term.