Intermittent timeouts on Glassgish server

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:54:56 +0000

Hi all,

Our standard stack is Oracle Database 12.1.0.2->APEX 5.0->ORDS 3.0.6-> GlassFish 4.1.1.

This generally works well, and is implemented on several sites (possibly with minor version variations on various components.)

However, on one particular server, Glassgish periodically slow down, and eventually hang to the point that, when trying to reach the app login screen in a Web browser, we'll get connection reset errors.

I *thought* this was the JDBC & /dev/random entropy pool problem. But yesterday, I modified GlassFish JVM configuration to use /dev/urandom, and users continue to report intermittent slowness and connection reset errors.

I'm about at my wits end here.

Help!

If anyone has any ideas/thoughts/suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

AdvThanksance,

-Mark

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 30 2016 - 10:54:56 CEST