Re: Bi-Directional replication

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hpe.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 18:50:41 +0000

If the table design includes an ownership column like company/org in accounting or plant in inventory then I would think VPD and application coding could be used to only allow update of specific rows from specific corresponding sites proving owning sites can be tied to the Oracle application usernames and/or IP address of the connection etc....

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Ryan January <rjanuary_at_gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:39:33 PM To: vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com
Cc: Oracle-l
Subject: Re: Bi-Directional replication

This is impossible to accomplish at the database level. This is why it's crucial to have complete buy in from both the business and application perspective.

On Sep 27, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Vadim Keylis <vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com<mailto:vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Good morning everyone. Thanks so much for your valuable advises. What is the best approach to guarantee that any single row in any given table is updated only in one data center?

Vadim

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com<mailto:neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>> wrote: I agree with Mark and Ryan. Here's a few thoughts from me:

Look at MOS Article "1296168.1" which gives a scripts which will review your current schema for GoldenGate Classic Capture, which is basically the same method as used by DBVisit to extract transaction change vectors.

regards

Neil Chandler

[snip]

On Sep 26, 2016, at 5:04 PM, Vadim Keylis <vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com<mailto:vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. I am working on designing POC bi-directional replication between two data centers using dbvisit application. What are the general best practices when designing database for bidirectional replication ? What are the general design consideration should be made from your experience for bi-directional replication?

Thanks so much in advance,
Vadim