Re: Bi-Directional replication

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 07:48:11 -0400

Vadim, that doesn't really sound like a good design. It is impossible to do what you ask. I suspect you will need some kind of arbitration daemon that will look through the collisions and only accept the "right ones", according to the business criteria. However, mistakes will happen and the performance will suffer. Federated design following the principle that "all databases are created equal" has not been particularly successful. What you need is a hierarchical approach, in which some databases are more equal than the others, and decide which changes are accepted and which are not. That implies a master site. Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA