Re: Oracle License

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:56:58 -0500

Mladen - I am no longer questioning your statement on pricing, no doubt the document I found was for 11g. I found the reference 12g article,and it does state free. And as I recall, you can also get ocfs2 at no charge as part of OEL now also, so that makes quite a bit of sense. But as others, including myself, have noted, Oracle's licensing policies are far from transparent, and even if the otn says free, its entirely possible an oracle contract may say something else entirely.

But finally, I have another question. Does someone have instructions for installing Oracle clusterware without installing ASM or ACFS from the downloads available on OTN? I really do want to experiment with oracle clusterware.

--
Andrew W. Kerber