Re: APEX_PUBLIC_USER

From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:56:53 -0700

The APEX /variable /APP_USER is used to indicate the current login name. So, you will see it included in your APEX applications as the container likely displaying the value under which user-credentials the application is being accessed.

It is used typically as follows:

:APP_USER -bind variable form
&APP_USER. -- substitution form

You can additionally interrogate the current value using the "V" function: