Re: Websphere JDBC thin Driver URL to 11g R2 RAC

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 02:15:51 -0400

On 06/09/2016 10:36 PM, Rodrigo Mufalani wrote:
> Hi Sanjay,
>
> Have you tried from app server use some tool like nslookup to
> resolve the scan name?
> If there is a firewall between DB and APP, you will need to create
> a rule allowing ips from vip and scans to the app machine.

Hi Rodrigo, the error is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/net/resolver/NameResolverFactory

That means that the class definition is not found. Network utilities like nslookup, dig or ping are unlikely to help here. What is needed here is the editor of the beast (vi) and the exact connect string. However, this is apparently not an Oracle thin driver for which the connection would look like this:

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection

   ("jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_myhost:1521:orcl", "scott", "tiger");

I don't know anything about WebSphere. I know that web is not a sphere, web is flat, floating on the back of a giant turtle. Sanjay knows Oracle very well and I am sure he wouldn't be asking about thin driver or anything else, could he resolve it by himself. I was able to Google the following but am not sure whether this will be helpful:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13165_01/albsi/docs57/adminguide/engines/websphere/websphere_config/ad_websphere_jdbc_provider.htm

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA