Re: SCN Jumping issue

From: Deepak Sharma <"Deepak>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 17:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Rich

    On Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:07 PM, Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:

 On 2016/05/26 10:50, Riyaj Shamsudeen wrote:   This will be an hard issue to debug: You need to identify if any of the database connecting to your database, directly or indirectly, is using 'alter database begin backup' command and if so, does that database have the bug fix for the issue ?   Yeah, 55 days seems serious, if the database is affected by the bug, you can consume 55 days in a matter of days (if not hours). SCN statistics appear to be captured in the EM12c repository.  You can see these from a database's home page in EM, then choose "Oracle Database->Monitoring->All Metrics" from the menu.  If you want a history of SCN activity, a BIP report or SQL against the repository should work.  For example:SELECT     rollup_timestamp, column_label, maximum FROM sysman.mgmt$metric_daily
WHERE target_name = :your_ora_db_name

    AND target_type = 'oracle_database'
    AND metric_name LIKE 'scn%'
    AND column_label = 'Current SCN'

ORDER BY rollup_timestamp;I dumped this info into Excel to forecast SCN growth for my ERP DB, although an R-squared value of .9992 on the linear trend line is suspicious to me.  I would've expected that to be much less linear, so please verify the values in the EM repository.  There are known inaccuracies in some of the metric collections.GL!Rich